Beth El Hebrew Congregation offers a number a ways to volunteer to support the local Northern Virginia community, and to directly support our temple.
In the NOVA Community
- Beth El House
- Carperter's Shelter - Prepare and serve meals monthly
- Bailey's Shelter - Prepare and serve meals monthly
At Beth El
Here are a number of opportunities.
Committees - Volunteer to support or serve on one of Beth El's many committees
- Archives Committee - The committee is responsible for the caring and storage of all historical papers and objects of the Temple. Volunteer opportunities include organizing papers by subject, scanning and showing visitors our history.
- Adult Education - The comittee is responsible for putting together new and exciting programs for life-long learning.
- Buildings and Grounds Committee- Volunteers needed to assist in all aspects of maintaining and improving our facitilities. Existing opportunities include participating in the on-going efforts to renovate our social hall, sanctuary and classrooms. New initiatives awaiting volunteer resources include improving landscaping, lighting, playground and storage.
- Caring Community Committee - Volunteers are always needed to drive congregants to and from doctor's appointments, services, grocery shopping...deliver holiday bags to homebound congregants; deliver new baby bags full of goodies; deliver meals to those in need; help with shiva or memorial services.
- College Committee - Help keep our youth engaged with Beth El by sending little holiday goodies to them while they are away at college.
- Bagel Bar - Sunday mornings
- Canteen - Wednesday evenings
Volunteer to help make our special events successful.
- Purim Carnival
- Beth El Book Sale - Annually in January
- Oral Rehydration Project - Annually in March
- Brotherhood Catering Events
- Ushering at Friday night services and High Holidays
For more information about volunteer opportunities, contact the office at 703 370 9400 or email [email protected].