Come Learn With Us!
Beth El encourages everyone to engage in lifelong Jewish learning. Our classes are open to congregants as well as to friends of the community.
For more information, and to get specific topics on special events, visit the Beth El calendar.
Life-long learning And Adult hebrew
- Each Saturday, Torah Study meets on the week's Torah portion, starting at 9:00 AM
- Each Sunday during Religious School, Adult Hebrew classes meet at 10:00 AM (beginner and intermediate). Please Contact the Religious School Office for more information.
- On the third Thursday each month, Interfaith Bible Study with Christ Church meets at 7:30 PM
- WRJ's Book Group meets monthly to discuss a book with Jewish elements. See the calendar for dates and topics.
Beth El hosts Interfaith Bible Study Sessions on the 3rd Thursday of every month. Please contact Linda Tolkan if you would like to join the group or be added to the email list.
The Outreach Committee at Beth El works with the Adult Education Committee to ensure that all of our study programs address the needs and interests of the following communities:
- Jews in an interfaith relationship
- Non-Jewish partners of Beth El members
- Children of interfaith families
- Individuals considering or preparing for conversion
- To welcome, support, and educate interfaith families and couples at Beth El
- To provide opportunities to the Beth El Community to understand the needs, interests, and value of interfaith families and couples
- To offer information, support, and friendship to those considering or preparing for conversion
- Choosing a Jewish Life by Anita Diamant
- The Guide to Jewish Interfaith Family Life: An InterfaithFamily.com Book edited by Ronnie Friedland and Edmund Case
- Introducing My Faith and My Community: The Jewish Outreach Institute Guide for the Christian in a Jewish Faith Relationship by Rabbi Kerry M. Olitsky
- Making a Successful Jewish Interfaith Marriage: The Jewish Outreach Institute Guide to Opportunities, Challenges and Resources by Rabbi Kerry Olitsky with Joan Peterson Littman
Many of these titles are available from Beth El's Outreach collection located in the library.
Culture Club typically gets together once a month (usually on a Friday), and each month brings a new adventure. We've visited the Museum of Women in the Arts, the National Museum of American Jewish Military History, attended screenings of the Jewish Film Festival, toured Hillwood Estate, to name a few. And, of course, each time we "do lunch". Come once, once in awhile, or every month. The attitude is casual and friendly. Both women and men are welcome and do attend. Bring your friends -- guests are welcome. New Beth El members are especially encouraged to join us! Watch The Bulletin for information and come along for a day of fun. For more information, contact Meryl Goldhammer or (703) 978-1250.